Scroll for Planning Minister’s letter to VCAT.
The VCAT hearing for the proposed building at 647-649 Victoria Street begins today, in front of VCAT tribunal members, Jeanette Rickards (lawyer) and John Bennett (town planner). The hearing will last for 5 days.
Salta submitted a barrage of new expert reports. All of the (paid) reports state that the development will be the best thing to ever happen to the Yarra River bank.
The City of Yarra doesn’t agree.
“At Development Assessment Panel meeting on 5 April 2016, Council determined that if it were to be able to make the decision on the application, it would issue a Notice of Refusal to Grant a Planning Permit for the development of the land for buildings and works and the construction of a multi-storey building, use of the land as dwellings and to create and alter access to a Road Zone, subject to the following grounds:
- The proposal does not positively integrate with the public realm (being to Walmer Street and the river) and unreasonably privatises these interfaces.
- The proposal fails to provide adequate pedestrian and cyclist links through Walmer Street (between Victoria Street, Kew and the River).
- The proposal provides insufficient landscaping details and would unreasonably impact the amenity of the area. Melbourne Water Grounds
- The development setback from the Yarra River waterway corridor is considered inappropriate.
- The development is not consistent with State and Local Planning Policy.
- The size, scale and built form from this development will have a negative impact on the visual amenity of the Yarra River waterway (public open space).
- The interface and urban design treatment between the development; the Yarra River; and the proposed public realm is considered inappropriate.
The proposed development does not provide for Site Safety at the rear of the site were depths of flooding are approximately up to 3.0m in depth.”
- Expert Evidence of Chris Goss (2) can be found via hightail link below:
- Expert Evidence of Chris Gross (3) can be found via hightail link below:
- Expert Evidence of Allan Wyatt can be found via hightail link below:
- Expert Evidence of Mark Sheppard (8.13 MB)
- Expert Evidence of John Kiriakidis (3.36 MB)
- Expert Evidence of Peter Lovell (16.73 MB)
- Expert Evidence of Warwick Bishop (1.02 MB)
- Expert Evidence of Stuart McGurn (869.82 KB)
PLANNING MINISTER RICHARD WYNNE’S LETTER TO VCAT